Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bread/Scones

This is my Mom's recipe. I'd use a Bosch-type mixer for it, the dough tends to creep up the arm of my kitchen-aide!

1 quart warm water
2 T yeast
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
5 cups flour

Mix well then add:

1 heaping T salt (4 tsp)
5-7 cups flour (till it cleans itself from the sides of the mixing bowl)

Mix for about 10 minutes. Raise till dough doubles. Knead it, then divide up into 4 loaves and put in bread pans. Let raise again for 30 mins. Bake at 325 for 30 mins or so. To make scones, cut the recipe in half and follow the instructions, but instead of placing in bread pans, take a fist-sized piece of dough, flatten it out and place in oil to deep fry (or you can bake as well). This is the recipe I use for my Taco Burgers (hot pockets).

No comments:

Post a Comment